Having missed three Monday Zumbas in a row I was expecting to be top of the non compliance* table but there were some zumba-ites at the session tonight who I hadn’t seen before. If they have been there in the previous three weeks I expect they thought I was the new one and were impressed at how well I was picking up the moves. I did feel quite experienced in their presence. Watching the olympic athletes has shifted my perspective of wonderful woman and therefore of myself aswell. Since starting Zumba I have been completely amazed at her ability to carry out all the zumba moves, including adding the arms, inbetween feet, skips, the reach and jumps (all of which I miss out except the reach which I love) whilst at the same time calling out instructions and encouraging words and never getting out of breath. Prior to my olympic viewing I was of the opinion that very few people could do this and the majority of people would be nearer my level of fitness than hers. It seems I may have misjudged our positions in relation to the wider population. The other day I watched women swimming 1500m, cycling 40km and running 10km and then 5 minutes later they were being interviewed with no hint of breathlessness and appearing full of energy! Hundreds of other athletes have similarly appeared to have far more energy after their events than I have before I start any physical activity. My thinking was wonderful woman in top 10% of fittest people in the world and I’d be amongst the other 90%. Now I’m thinking there is 90% fittest people above my 10% of others. That maths might not make sense but in simple terms, wonderful woman is not so unique in her amazingness but I am more unique in my speed at becoming breathless.
I will be going on my annual camping holiday later this week and I am very pleased to announce that I have secured a Zumba instructor to run a Zumba session at the camp. whoop. whoop. At this time I do not know if I will have the capabilities to blog from camp and so the outcome of the Zumba session may not reach my blog for some time. I am hoping that I will be reporting that I dazzled my fellow campers with my interpretation of the Zumba moves. I have been partly motivated to set up the session because of my confidence that I will impress everyone there and I will be secretly very annoyed if anyone outshines me.
My annoyance with Melanie’s actions came to a head this week. For some time I have excused her behaviour as a one off, then a two off, even a three off but she has got into a pattern and I have had to assert my power by introducing a strict door policy. No matter how many times Frodo and I have explained to her that bringing guests into the house without our permission is not acceptable she has carried on doing it. I think one guest may have been in more than once but to be honest I have no interest in getting to know them. I just want them out as quick as possible. She has been free to come and go as she wants but now the door will remain locked until she gets home so that we can check she is alone before letting her in. I don’t like being so controlling but the latest incident pushed me to it. I knew something was going on in the hallway by the unusual noise she was making and when I investigated, there she was, laid next to a frozen-in-time frog. I’m getting used to this now and didn’t even bother screaming. I just stomped into the kitchen to get a receptacle to put it in for its journey back to the wildlife area. While I was gone it unfroze and by the time I had got back it had hidden itself somewhere in the pile of footwear. I then had to engage in a game of cat and mouse aka human and frog for the next five minutes. Melanie, meanwhile, had taken herself off to the living room for a cat nap. Frog, apparently unharmed, hopped off into the grass when I released him back to the wild. As with most of my household policies I have already begun to let it slip. The inconvenience of having to answer the door each time Melanie wants to come is unfortunately as annoying as the uninvited guests. She also caused a stir earlier this week when she jumped out of the loft window, slid down the roof and got temporarily stuck on top of the upstairs bay window. To cut a long story (that involves a plank of wood, Frodo, Son, a ladder, three neighbours, a bag of dry cat food, me and half an hour) short – she got back in the house via the loft window. Her brother, Martin, has had a less eventful week.
Stats news – Switzerland has joined my growing list of country views. Who can it be???
As previously mentioned, I am on holiday later this week so if no blog posts appear for a while don’t panic. I will be back with a mega blog about the amazing holiday I’m about to have.